- Aubrey Thonvold (she/her) is a lifelong Lutheran from Minnesota. Aubrey is committed to work centered in justice and inclusion for LGBT people and their families within religious and faith communities. Most recently, Aubrey has worked on marriage campaigns in Washington, Hawaii, and Oregon, organizing outreach, education, and advocacy and encouraging faith communities to support the freedom to marry for LGBT couples. With a master’s degree in Transforming Spirituality from The School of Theology and Ministry at Seattle University, she strives to bring people in from the margins and invite all people to the table. Aubrey and her wife Heather both have a call to ministry, a love of adventures, and enjoy time with friends and family. Aubrey is thrilled to be a part of the team at ReconcilingWorks.
Program and Development Associate
- Ryan (he/him) recently graduated from the University of Minnesota with a dual degree in Religious Studies and Music. Since August of 2013, Ryan has volunteered with ReconcilingWorks weekly and was incorporated into the staff in June of 2014. Ryan grew up in St. Louis Park, Minnesota, and has felt a strong call to work in the ministry for his whole life. Upon meeting Pr. Anita Hill at Twin Cities Pride 2014, that call has been to help create a welcoming space within the ELCA for all people. He is excited to be able to help ReconcilingWorks in working for full participation in the capacity of Program and Development Associate.
Director of Communications and Legislative Strategies
- Tim Fisher (he/him) is honored to work for positive change in the church and has served as a member of the ReconcilingWorks staff since March 2007. He has worked toward the goal of full inclusion in a number of settings, including local congregations, synod assemblies, the Joint Committee for Inclusivity (Minneapolis and St. Paul Area Synods), online discussion groups, newspaper op-ed pages, and five (and counting!) ELCA Churchwide Assemblies. He and his wife Christine are members of Nokomis Heights Lutheran Church in Minneapolis, Minnesota. They enjoy restoring their 1921 bungalow and hunting for treasure at estate sales and antique stores.
Communications and Graphic Design Coordinator
- In one week Zac Baker (he/him) graduated, bought a car, and moved in faith to Saint Paul to join the ReconcilingWorks staff in May 2013. Ever since Zac found a safe space at the Lutheran Campus Ministry freshman year at the University of South Carolina, he has embraced the ELCA’s warm hospitality. Empowered by his campus pastor, Frank Anderson, Zac became a leader in USC’s LGBT community as the President of the Bisexual, Gay, Lesbian, Straight Alliance and a community advocate as a founding member of Youth Empowered Against HIV. Zac has a bachelor’s degree in Visual Communications and enjoys producing web, video, and print content for ReconcilingWorks.
Lutheran Volunteer Corps Intern
- Cassie (she/her) is excited to spend her second year in the Lutheran Volunteer Corps working at ReconcilingWorks! Previously, she was the outreach coordinator at Trinity Lutheran Congregation in Minneapolis. She is passionate about creating safe spaces in faith communities for youth and young adults. Cassie grew up on the Connecticut coast and graduated from Barnard College in New York City, where she will return in fall 2016 to attend Union Seminary. In the meantime, she loves living in the Twin Cities, writing in coffee shops, and seeing lots of theater.