Bias is part of our lives and ministries. This training will invite participants into exploring how bias impacts welcome, creativity, and innovation for our lives and ministries. Together we will co-create space to increase our awareness about how shifting our thinking can create new paths forward that were not possible before.
The Bias & Its Impact on Welcome Training is pre-recorded and led by ReconcilingWorks national office staff, accompanied by a workbook to guide you through the materials. The recording is around 30 minutes, with guided support on when to stop, discuss, or utilize your workbook for application of your learning; depending on the number of participants, a helpful time frame can be 45 - 60 minutes. It can be taken individually, or with your larger faith community to discuss the ways bias deeply impacts the ways you are in relationship with one another as people of faith. See below for more pricing and training details.
- Registration Price Points
- Individual - $35/person
- Worshiping communities of 150 people or less - $75
- Worshiping communities larger than 150 people - $125
- Registrants will have access to the recorded training and workbook for 30 days from the purchase date.
Please allow for 3-5 business days for your training details to be sent via Email.
Be sure to check your Spam or Junk folders for details if not seen in your Inbox.
- Practice hospitable curiosity to create a safe and inviting learning environment for all through Graceful Engagement
- Small group and individual reflection
- Expand awareness of the many forms of bias and its conscious/unconscious impact on how we welcome
- Experience how bias impacts decision making
- Learn nine different forms of Unconscious Bias’ that impact creativity and innovation
- Explore ways to de-bias ministry and ministry spaces
- Engage in Action Mapping to create a plan for actions and next steps, as well as reflect on what they have learned and how it impacts their lives and ministry