Honor and respect are an essential component of how we build relationships and experience community. Together we will explore helpful ways we can set boundaries that create opportunities to care for people we love, those around us, and in our faith communities. How will building healthy boundaries and relationships help strengthen welcome?
October 19, 2021
January 25, 2022
March 15, 2022
May 17, 2022
All Consent trainings will take place from 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM CT
- Practice hospitable curiosity to create a safe and inviting learning environment for all through Graceful Engagement
- Learn 5 recommendations for setting community boundaries in order to build relationships
- Co-create learning through large and small group learning
- Learn about the intent VS impact of our words and actions on welcome
- Explore ways to extend hospitality through asking for permission
- Understand the importance of intentionality in how safe/brave space is created for a diverse group of people
- Clarify how to set healthy boundaries for self and community
- Engage in Action Mapping to create a plan for actions and next steps
In our time together during the training, we will be exploring the ways in which consent and creating boundaries in our faith communities can be both a form of care and compassion, as well as a form of stewardship through hospitality. The image to the left is a sample poster that can be used in your own faith community to navigate boundaries through greeting and passing of the peace. To learn how best to use this tool, as well as others, register below for an upcoming training!