Building an Inclusive Church (BIC) training helps you design and implement a journey for your faith community to publicly and intentionally welcome people of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions, and incorporate a commitment to the work of racial equity. Building an Inclusive Church equips you with ways to create dialogue, deepening relationships throughout your faith community rather than sparking debate and division.
The Building an Inclusive Church (BIC) Toolkit and BIC Training are complementary resources, to be used side by side in your journey of welcome. The training itself is designed to expand on the tools in the BIC Toolkit to best support the team of leaders who hope to guide your faith community. The training is 4.5 hours long, and held online through Zoom in real-time; registration is $75 per person.
Drawing upon over thirty years of experience within a variety of Christian denominations, the Building an Inclusive Church toolkit is a step-by-step guide to help facilitate a welcoming journey in your faith community and extend a specific welcome to people of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
September 17, 2022
October 8, 2022
November 5, 2022
All BIC trainings will take place from 11:00 AM - 3:30 PM CT
- Key Concepts: Graceful Engagement & Relationship Building
- Scriptural Engagement, One-to-One Conversations, Storytelling, Framing
- Opportunities to Advance Intersectional Justice in Faith Communities
- Outline of Reconciling in Christ (RIC) Partner Commitments
- discover how to implement a journey for your faith community to publicly and intentionally welcome people of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions; and commit to the work of racial equity.
- learn how to use the six core tools to move this holy work forward.
- gain tools and practices for one-to-one and community conversation.
- identify opportunities and next steps for applying concepts and strategies to incorporate a conversation of intersectional equity.
- explore your own Christian call to hospitality and evangelism.