Building an Inclusive Church (BIC) training helps you design and implement a journey for your faith community to publicly and intentionally welcome people of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions. Building an Inclusive Church equips you with ways to create dialogue, deepening relationships throughout your faith community rather than sparking debate and division.
To help prevent the spread of Covid-19 all BIC trainings will be held online through Zoom. ReconcilingWorks is grateful to still be able to support this holy ministry as we best care for ourselves and one another.
Drawing upon over thirty years of experience within a variety of Christian denominations, the Building an Inclusive Church toolkit is a step-by-step guide to help facilitate a welcoming journey in your faith community and extend a specific welcome to people of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
January 23, 2021
February 27, 2021
April 17, 2021
May 22, 2021
All BIC trainings will take place from 11:00 AM - 4:30 PM CT
- Racial and LGBTQIA+ Intersectional Justice Values & Vision
- Key Concepts: Graceful Engagement & Relationship Building
- Scriptural Engagement, One-to-One Conversations, Storytelling, Framing
- Opportunities to Advance Intersectional Justice in Faith Communities
- discover how to implement a journey for your faith community to publicly and intentionally welcome people of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
- learn how to use the six core tools to move this holy work forward
- gain tools and practices for one-to-one and community conversation
- identify opportunities and next steps for applying concepts and strategies to advance intersectional equity
- explore your own Christian call to hospitality and evangelism