Building an Inclusive Church (BIC) training helps you design and implement a journey for your faith community to publicly and intentionally welcome people of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions, and incorporate a commitment to the work of racial equity. Building an Inclusive Church equips you with ways to create dialogue, deepening relationships throughout your faith community rather than sparking debate and division.
The Building an Inclusive Church (BIC) Toolkit and BIC Training are complementary resources, to be used side by side in your journey of welcome. The training itself is designed to expand on the tools in the BIC Toolkit to best support the team of leaders who hope to guide your faith community. The training is 4.5 hours long, and held online through Zoom in real-time; registration is $75 per person. If you are hoping to join as a group to attend the training, all in attendance must be registered prior to the training date.
Drawing upon over thirty years of experience within a variety of Christian denominations, the Building an Inclusive Church toolkit is a step-by-step guide to help facilitate a welcoming journey in your faith community and extend a specific welcome to people of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
June 3, 2023 - Registration CLOSED
September 9, 2023
October 7, 2023
November 4, 2023
BIC trainings will take place from 11:00 AM - 3:30 PM CT.
Registration will close at 12:00 PM CT the Thursday prior to the training.
Zoom links and training details will be emailed once registration closes.
- Key Concepts: Graceful Engagement & Relationship Building
- Scriptural Engagement, One-to-One Conversations, Storytelling, Framing
- Opportunities to Advance Intersectional Justice in Faith Communities
- Outline of Reconciling in Christ (RIC) Partner Commitments
- discover how to implement a journey for your faith community to publicly and intentionally welcome people of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions; and commit to the work of racial equity.
- learn how to use the six core tools to move this holy work forward.
- gain tools and practices for one-to-one and community conversation.
- identify opportunities and next steps for applying concepts and strategies to incorporate a conversation of intersectional equity.
- explore your own Christian call to hospitality and evangelism.