Resources for Youth and Family Ministry
- Guide to Welcome LGBTQIA+ Youth & Their Families - Do you have questions about how you can best serve the young LGTBQIA+ persons in your ministry setting? We took a few of the most frequently expressed concerns and created this simple resource to help youth ministry professionals and lay leaders provide hospitality and welcome to LGBTQIA+ youth and their families.
- I'm the Scary Transgender Person The Media Warned You About - MEET Rebekah Bruesehoff - the 10-year-old transgender girl ‘the media warned you about.’ Mum Jamie Bruesehoff, from New Jersey, and her daughter Rebekah are spreading awareness of transgender people one rally at a time. Since her transition started over two years ago, the young girl has been campaigning, attending marches and speaking at rallies to stand up for transgender rights. (2017)
- Clunky Questions: LGBTQ Lutherans and Pastors Answer Common Questions In our work, we often hear people with good intentions feel they aren't able to ask questions about what it means to be LGBTQ because they are afraid of offending someone or they don't have the right words with which to ask. If this sounds familiar, or if your faith community is interested in how to better support LGBTQ Lutherans, then the "Clunky Questions" series is for you.
- PFLAG - "PFLAG is the nation's largest family and ally organization. Uniting people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) with families, friends, and allies, PFLAG is committed to advancing equality and full societal affirmation of LGBTQ people through its threefold mission of support, education, and advocacy."
- The Naming Project - "The Naming Project is a Christian ministry serving youth of all sexual and gender identities. We provide a safe place for youth who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning or allied to learn, grow, and share their experiences. In this way, The Naming Project is a space in which youth can comfortably discuss faith and who they understand themselves to be and how they relate to God and the rest of the world. The Naming Project is a Christian ministry that walks with youth wherever they are on their own faith journey. Youth from around the country attend our summer camp, and we communicate with youth, parents, pastors, youth workers, and others who care for LGBTQ youth."