Help ReconcilingWorks welcome the newest Reconciling in Christ (RIC) community: Peace in Christ Episcopal and Lutheran Ministry (Elizabeth, CO).
Their welcome statement reads:
“YOU ARE WELCOME HERE
• if you are Episcopal, Lutheran, lapsed Catholic, a former Baptist, Evangelical, a “None,” have some doubts, are looking for a place to wonder.
• if you are a student, a graduate, a drop out, went to Trade School, have a PhD, GED, or no ED at all.
• if you are a feminist, womanist, masculinist, or manist.
• no matter your gender identity or sexual orientation.
• if you are a creationist, evolutionist, or have no idea what either means.
• if you’ve got ink, piercings, are bald or hairy.
• if you were born in Colorado or got here just as soon as you could; if you habla, sprechen, or parle; if you’ve got documents or not.
• if you’ve got poop on your boots, or pennies in your loafers, drive a tractor, a horse, or a Harley.
• if you watch CNN, FOX, MSNBC, the Disney or Hallmark Channel.
• if you belong to AA, NRA, AAA, AARP, or PETA.
• if you are a peace activist, pacifist, or veteran.
• if you are an artist, an athlete, a care giver, enjoy washing dishes, have a green thumb, like to hunt, or are a Bibliophile.
• if you love cows, horses, dogs, cats, lamas, and nature, or prefer to go to movies and museums.
• if you are part of the Greatest, Boomer, X, Millennial, Z, or whatever follows Generation.
• If you are feisty, enjoy playing with your mom, or helping your wife.
• if you are a Gamer, enjoy kissing on the first date, are an extrovert, introvert, or ambivert.
• if you like to work on old cars, are musically inclined or can’t carry a tune in a bucket.
• if you are a scholar, explorer, are creative or crafty.
• if you are efficient and well organized, or you don’t make your bed in the morning.
• if you cheer on the Packers, Broncos, Rockies, Diamondbacks, Brewers, Avs, or any other team, or have better things to do than watch sports.
• if you are tall or short, fat or skinny, good or bad, hopeful or pessimistic, blessed and happy or damned and sad, are a saint and a sinner.
• if you do your best to be open-minded and respectful of others, or if you are a work in progress.
• if you’ve been to all 50 states, Iceland, Quebec, or France, or you’ve never left Elbert County.
• if God is your copilot or you refuse to let Jesus take the wheel.
• if you are single, married, committed, widowed, divorced or it’s complicated.
• if you suffer from depression, anxiety, high blood-pressure, weak eyes, or any health concern.
• if you are a mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle, son, daughter, orphan, grandkid, cousin, or friend.
We are united not by who we are, but by whose we are. Our Peace is in Christ.
Galatians 3:28 – There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus.”
Learn more about Peace in Christ Episcopal and Lutheran Ministry at: www.peaceinchristelm.org