Help ReconcilingWorks welcome the newest Reconciling in Christ (RIC) community: Vista Lutheran Church (Saint Louis Park, MN).
Their welcome statement reads:
“As followers of Christ we believe…
· God loves and celebrates all people; all people are created in the image of God.
· God has made an amazing world filled with diversity of sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, ethnicity, age, pathways of faith, physical and mental ability.
· The Holy Spirit guides us in transforming the world through loving God, our neighbors and ourselves. This journey is ongoing, collaborative and always changing.
As a community of faith, it is our intent to build a community where all people are seen as God sees them
· To recognize that in “there is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”
· To offer a safe place of mutual relationship, respect and affirmation.
· To continue to learn, discern and name the biases, inequality, and pain experienced as a result of our actions in the areas of gender identity, racial equity and diversity of God’s world; understanding how these are manifested in faith communities and the world;
· To learn what true welcome and hospitality are in God’s diverse world and our diverse community of faith and transform traditions and practices that are harmful or unwelcoming.
· To continually challenge ourselves to grow in ways to act on God’s love.“
Learn more about Vista Lutheran Church at: vistalutheran.org