We believe faith is a lifelong journey. Your support helps promote healing and positive self-esteem for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people of faith. Your membership helps sustain ministries that the Lutheran church bodies are not yet willing to participate in. Our ministries include the Reconciling in Christ program to help communities of faith be more intentionally inclusive and Families Concerned, an outreach for family and friends of people of sexual and gender minorities.
Your support adds your voice as we advocate for positive change within the Lutheran churches. We actively initiate communication; offer education about sexual orientation issues at national, synod or district, and local church levels; and sponsor special conferences and events.
By joining ReconcilingWorks you also support local chapters who receive a portion of your membership fee, which are the only dues local chapters receive. Membership also includes a subscription to Concord, our quarterly newsletter which features both local and international news, as well as interviews and communication from leaders across North America. As a member, you have access to resources that are not otherwise available.
Reasons to Join
- To be a witness to the church in affirming the inclusiveness of the Gospel
- To demonstrate your belief in just treatment for all people
- To support the idea that all people are created in the image of God including people of all sexual orientations and gender identities
- To join others in being part of a caring community that has helped thousands of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people who were alienated from the Lutheran Church and other denominations find healing and wholeness in the Gospel of Christ
How to Join ReconcilingWorks
Membership in ReconcilingWorks supports our ministry of affirming God’s love for people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. ReconcilingWorks is supported completely by membership dues and special contributions. As such, we need you to be a part of our organization so we can continue this ministry.
Membership in ReconcilingWorks
- Provides our quarterly publication, Concord, which features local and international news, interviews and communication from ReconcilingWorks leaders.
- Gives access to resources that will help people facing the unique struggles of living in faith and understanding their sexual orientation.
- Adds your voice to ours, as we advocated for positive change within the Lutheran church bodies. We actively initiate communication and education about sexual orientations issues at national, synod or district and local church levels.
Our membership categories are:
- $50 Suggested Individual
- $75 Suggested Household
- $100 Contributing
- $250 Sustaining
- $20 Minimum
A Lifetime Member category is also available at a one-time cost of $1,000 for individuals and $1,500 for households. To the extent allowed by law, membership and contributions are tax-deductible in the United States. If you are a member of a local chapter, a portion of your membership is shared annually with it.