A Building an Inclusive Church (BIC) training helps you design and implement a journey for your faith community to publicly and intentionally welcome people of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions. Building an Inclusive Church equips you with ways to create dialogue, deepening relationships throughout your faith community rather than sparking debate and division.
Drawing upon over thirty years of experience within a variety of Christian denominations, the Building an Inclusive Church toolkit is a step-by-step guide to help facilitate a welcoming journey in your faith community and extend a specific welcome to people of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
Upcoming Building an Inclusive Church trainings:
- Glenview, IL (April 6-7, 2018)
St. Philip Lutheran Church - DOWNLOAD FLYER
- Ankeny, IA (April 13-14, 2018)
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church - DOWNLOAD FLYER
- Youngstown, OH (May 11-12, 2018)
Martin Luther Church - DOWNLOAD FLYER
- Stevenson, WA (June 1-2, 2018)
Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church - DOWNLOAD FLYER
- Haltom City, TX (June 1-2, 2018)
Christ the King Lutheran Church - DOWNLOAD FLYER
- Battle Creek, MI (August 10-11, 2018)
St. Peter Lutheran Church - DOWNLOAD FLYER
If you and your ministry setting would like to host a Building an Inclusive Church training, the following dates are the remaining available weekends for the 2018 ReconcilingWorks Calendar: September 14-15, October 12-13, November 16-17.
Hosting a Building an Inclusive Church Training is easy. Here is what ReconcilingWorks required of BIC hosts:
- Provide a room equipped with a projector or TV screen where 15-20 people can meet around a table or tables. A BIC training runs from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday.
- Provide hospitality for Friday evening (Coffee, water, a snack) and then hospitality on Saturday including a soup and/or sandwich lunch for training attendees.
- Advertise the training to community members and Lutherans in your Synod. ReconcilingWorks requires at least 15 registrants one month from the training date. A advertisement flyer is provided by ReconcilingWorks.
For more information or to schedule a BIC training, contact ReconcilingWorks at (651) 665-0861.