Their welcome statement reads:
“Heart River Lutheran Church is a gathering of followers of Christ, who calls us to reconciliation and wholeness. We seek God in community, believing we are all equally valued children of our Creator, created in God’s image. We commit to:
- Welcome, embrace, and celebrate people of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
- Welcome, embrace, and celebrate all who have been excluded because of race, ethnicity, ability, age, or economic status.
- Support all regardless of their status (past, present, or future) within the criminal justice system, incarcerated, supervised, caring for one who is incarcerated, or working within the system.
- Work to end racism, in institutions and internally, interpersonally, and structurally.
- Commit to learn and grow in knowledge and understanding personally and as a community.
We pledge to live as reconciling people and to welcome and advocate for all God’s beloved children.“
Learn more about Heart River Lutheran Church at: www.heartriverlutheran.org